Sunday, January 24, 2010

Joy. An emotion, as well as nightclub.

I find that back in the States the events, parties, etc. start winding down around 2 or 3 am... In Spain, that's the time we leave for a club. For someone who enjoys her sleep and being conscious during daylight hours, it is an evolutionary process... but I'm getting there ;)

'Joy' is a nightclub in downtown Madrid popular, for the most part, with the tourist crowds. We met other Americans as well as (at least in my case) Australians, Germans, Spaniards and one French guy (I find that living in Spain is slowly corroding my French, so it was great to practice for a bit).

Some pics of Joy:


This pic was taken off the Joy Madrid website. This is what it would look like if it were clean, well lit and empty. It is none of these things (tho still a lot of fun).




This is one of the dancers in a glass bowl on the stage. No, she is not wearing a shirt.
(Please note that these pics were stolen from my friend Shani, who is talented and wonderful and does not know I took them)




A couple of USAC students (myself included, yes, I am wearing a red dress with a zipper down the front) at the club. We look pretty good, if I do say so myself, considering it was probably around 4am, 4:30?

No comments:

Post a Comment