Monday, February 15, 2010

Granada: Alhambra, Catedral, and TAPAS

SO for some reason blogger is freaking out and I think it's going to publish this all as a hyperlink. Sometimes technology FAILS, even for a MIS major :(

Granada is located in Andalucia, Spain, the Southern region, which, incidentally, currently has an unemployment rate of 26.6%, the lowest in the nation. It has gypsies, tapas, lots of Arabic influence, and flamenco.
Tapas = appetizers that you receive when you order wine, beer or a cocktail (and maybe refrescos? I dunno, I've never tried). They are big enough to replace your food for the weekend... especially when random men in Granada are so proactive in paying for everything!



This is the sketch alley my hostel was in. It was actually a really cool place, with (for the most part) really cool and international people staying there. First time in a hostel, which was fun but I think it would've been better with other people...












I got to meet up with THESE beautiful ladies, all girls at Gonzaga with me, and they showed me around the town and took me out at night. AND the girl on the far left? She's responsible for my 37 minutes of sleep on Saturday night and the current state of my socks (from walking 2+miles in them at 7am to get KEBABS). (Sweetest Valentine's dates a girl abroad could ask for ;))






The Cathedral in Granada! Beautiful, lots of great art, perfect place for some introspection. Also gypsies outside, so watch your purse.




















Alhambra! This is what it looks like from the city area. IF YOU GO: your ticket will have a designated time slot. This is NOT the time you enter Alhambra, this is the time you must enter the Nasrid Palace a 20 minute walk INSIDE Alhambra. And they won't let you in after that, no matter how much you beg.








This is just one of the pictures from the Arabic ruins at Alhambra... those are rooms! Towards the entrance and not actually one of the most popular sights, but oh well :)
















A grammatically wowzer sign inside the Church at Alhambra.








I'm going to do a blog specifically on the Valentine's Day/gypsy thief part of the trip here in a sec ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment